Call (229) 226-9640 to learn how to participate in our program to acquire Confederate microfilm records by donation.
A COMMUNITY is more than a collection of streets and buildings. It is a living, breathing entity with a specific personality - a personality which has as its foundation carefully preserved history.
It is the Mission of the Thomasville Genealogical, History and Fine Arts Library - a resource center for books on genealogy, history and fine arts - to be a place where the scattered fragments of our documented past can be assembled and maintained for posterity.
The Thomasville Genealogical, History and Fine Arts Library was founded in 1988, and has become a major repository of materials for family research with a major emphasis on the southern states, including Georgia, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida and Kentucky are available, as well as Mid-Atlantic and New England holdings.
It provides a safe depository for individuals who wish to share documented family histories and records with present and future generations.
LIBRARY RESOURCES · General reference works
· Family histories
· Emigration/immigration records
· Marriage and death records
· Internet Access
· Family Tree Maker CD Roms
· Census records on microfilm:
Georgia 1820-1880, 1900-1930 Georgia Soundex 1880, 1900-1930
North Carolina, South Carolina 1800 - 1850
1860 and 1870 Georgia Agriculture Schedules
· Printed Census Indexes for many states
· State and county histories
· Georgia County Guides and Abstracts
· Other records on microfilm:
Early Thomas County probate, marriage and land records
Thomas County Confederate pension records
2,800 rolls of U.S. Revolutionary War pension applications
Early Thomasville and Thomas County newspapers
1809 - 1869 Georgia Journal newspaper
1786 - 1823 Augusta Chronicle newspaper
· International Genealogical Index, United States
· Leon S. Hollingsworth Genealogical Card File microfilm consisting of information on individuals from throughout the Southeast
· Leonardo Andrea Genealogical Collection microfilm with emphasis on South Carolina research
· National Society Colonial Dames of America Register of Ancestors · Fine Arts books including the Encyclopedia of World Art, museum catalogs, and other periodicals ALSO AVAILABLE
Enriching the Present While Preserving the Past
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed on Holidays
For more information, contact:
The Thomasville Genealogical, History & Fine Arts Library
135 North Broad Street
Thomasville, Georgia 31792
(229) 226-3199 (fax)
The Thomasville Genealogy, History & Fine Arts Library
is an organization under
Section 501 (c)(3) of the
Internal Revenue Code.
Tax ID #58-2139096
E-mail us at email@example.com
Link to the Thomas County Historical Society
Link to the Thomas County GenWeb
Link to the Clerk of the Superior Court of Thomas County